In this article I would like to discuss Instagram Traffic as a sure way of driving more visitors to your website. If you have been struggling to generate revenue online; it’s most likely because you have not mastered yet the art of traffic and conversion.
What Is Instagram?
Instagram is one of the newer social media platforms that is out there. It is a place to share pictures, to connect with friends, and even to be a successful business mogul. Even though it is new, it is highly popular to the masses, and is even surpassing other social media platforms. It is predicted to become one of the most infamous social media platforms out there, due to the fact that it has risen through the ranks so quickly.
Instagram is known for its many filters, and ease of access sharing. Many people feel that it is one of the easiest social media platforms to use and gain followers on. When on Instagram, you can see a lot of variety in your feeds, and that attracts followers, because they are not seeing the same content posted a thousand times by different people.
You can even access your pictures to share on Instagram right from the app itself, without having to go to your camera roll, select an album, select a picture from there and hit share.
It is just a lot faster than any other social media platform, because it has everything you need within a few simple steps. Just choose a photo, add a filter and a caption and share.
Why Instagram Traffic is a Good Choice for Marketing
It is super popular. Nearly everyone with a social media account has an Instagram. That is because people are drawn to new, and they stick with what works. A lot of people complain when an app starts adding unnecessary updates that slow the app down, and make it pretty much useless from what it was before, and Instagram does not have that.
They only do the most relevant updates, and then they leave the app at that, so that people can enjoy it without having to adjust to a new format each week.
It is so easy to use, which may account for its popularity. If you are public, anyone can follow you, and the more followers you have, the more traffic you will have to your business. All you have to do is utilize famous accounts it seems. People are always on day and night, because even if they do not want to interact, it is easy to just scroll for hours with little effort, and when people are scrolling, they are seeing a bunch of things, and your product could be one of the things they see if you are marketed well enough on this app.
How to Market with this App
It is actually fairly simple to market with this app. There are a few tips to help you be seen more, but the truth is, all you have to do is set up a good profile, make a good bio, and get followers. The hardest part is gaining followers, and if you follow these steps, it won’t be that hard. Just do these things below and you will be a popular account in no time, you just have to get over being shy. Shyness kills business, remember that.
- Utilize the Trends: There are a lot of trends on instagram, but it is important to find the ones that are trafficked regularly. You see, there are trends about current events, and there are what are known as permanent trends. Trending current events tend to be forgotten about within a week, but are highly trafficked within that week. Permanent trends are trafficked daily, but have a lower, steadier volume of people visiting those trends. It is best to stick with the more permanent ones, and only throw out a current event post if it will really get you followers. Here are some permanent trends that it wouldn’t hurt to try.
- #love: This is a trend where you specify that you love something or someone. You would use it like so: “You are just going to #love these new wifi gloves we have out this week!” or something along those lines. Use this one and you will be sure to be trafficked quite a bit for a while afterwards.
- S4s: Also known as a share for share, you share people who share your page. Doing this gets both parties noticed, so that you both can gain followers. You can host your own share for share, or you can peruse the trend line for opportunities to participate in one.
- #cute: Everyone loves cute pictures. Especially when those pictures are of baby animals. If you can squeeze a cute animal in and tie it into your brand, you are almost guaranteed to gain more followers overnight. Cuteness sells. Cuteness sells a lot.
Those are some trends that you can post that will help you gain followers. Remember, followers are money, so it is best to have as many as you can.
Also, when you are posting hastags, and trying to trend, more is better, but less is more is the mentality that you should have. Basically, post a few hashtags that coincide with each other, but don’t use too many. A max of three should be your rule of thumb. You want to entice people, not bore them.
- Make Your Profile Interactive: Your profile should be fun, and people should look forward to visiting it. You want to engage your followers, in order to keep them, and have them share your page so that you can gain more followers.
The first step is to make your profile professional but fun. You want to have a username that is easy to remember, so that people can put you in the search bar and find you with ease. So remember those MySpace usernames you made up in middle school? Stay far away from those. Keep it simple and business related. Same with your profile picture. You don’t want a picture of an Avril Lavign look alike on your profile if you are selling gloves. You want a picture of the gloves with the company name over them, or something of the like. Make sure the colors are attractive as well.
Then you have to create a bio. A bio should have the link to your website, and your slogan. Make it fun! Once you create that, host promos and contests. Engage your followers. They will love you!
Those are the two most common ways to gain followers, and get your brand out there. This is a sure way of using Instagram traffic to acquire more leads.